Whether you have a muscular problem brought on by pregnancy or just need some relaxing ‘me time’, massage during pregnancy is completely safe. After a full consultation in which your pregnancy, health and massage needs are discussed, the session will be tailored to your needs.
Massages are carried out with you lying on your side, comfortably supported by pillows. Only the part of the body being massaged will be uncovered and you will be discreetly draped with large towels.
The first trimester can be both an exciting yet scary time. Hormonal changes which take place can make you can feel emotional, tired and nauseous.
A light relaxing massage during this time is completely safe and can support you in:
- Deep relaxation
- Promote a sence of wellbeing
- Lower stress hormones in the body
- Lowering anxiety levels
Second & Third Trimester
As your baby grows your body is put under extreme pressure. Massage may help to ease many common complaints like:
- Muscle tension and cramps
- Sciatica and other nerve pain
- Swollen joints and limbs (oedema)
- Headaches and migraine
- Depression or anxiety
- Reduces post birth complications
- Encourages bonding with the developing baby
- Promotes relaxation, good sleep
- Supports postural awareness
If you have any questions about pregnancy massage please call Rachel:
(0121) 244 6504 or 07503000284